October is important to our team because this is National Orthodontic Health Month. During October, orthodontic offices all over the country work together to promote their services and inform the community about the important work we do. Our goal is to draw attention to the fact that everyone needs to be evaluated for orthodontic treatment.
When To See An Orthodontist
You are never too young or too old if your bite or smile needs correction. The American Association of Orthodontics recommends that parents start early and all kids be evaluated 7 – 8 years of age. During the growing years of 7 – 10, kids undergo a major growth spurt that goes hand in hand with the eruptive pattern of their teeth and development of jaws.
Signs You May Need Orthodontics
Be on the lookout for signs that can be found in children, teens, and adults:
- Early or late loss of baby teeth or missing permanent teeth
- Difficulty chewing or biting into food
- Mouth breathing due to allergies or enlarged tonsils and adenoids during developmental years
- Finger habits during development years
- Crowded, misplaced, or blocked out teeth
- Crossbite, overbite, and protruding teeth
- Inability to comfortably close lips
- Speech problems
- Teeth that don’t come together
- Grinding or clenching of teeth
- Clicking of jaw joints and TMJ problems
If you notice any of these symptoms, we encourage you to schedule a complimentary exam to evaluate your child’s dental development which will enable you to determine if they are a candidate for orthodontic care.
We also recommend adolescents, teens and adults exhibiting the same symptoms to be evaluated. We specialize in the latest in orthodontic care for patients 7 – 70 and beyond! It is never too late to get the healthy and beautiful smile you’ve always wanted.
There’s no better way to celebrate National Orthodontic Health Month than by scheduling a complimentary consultation at Dougherty Orthodontics! Call (636) 825-1000.