Looking for good places to take your kids out to eat in the St. Louis area? As the mother of two young boys, Dr. Dougherty knows lots of good spots around town where you find delicious eats for the whole family. Dr. D’s favorite kid friendly restaurants in St. Louis range from ice creameries to BBQ joints. Read on to learn about local favorites where children can eat homemade chocolates, have food thrown at them, and even write on the walls!
12 Kid Friendly Restaurants in St. Louis
- The Fountain on Locust: An updated, fountain-style restaurant and ice cream bar with really cool Art Deco murals. Located in the former Stutz Auto Showroom.
- Happy Joe’s Pizza and Ice Cream: A Webster Groves favorite that offers gluten-free options. Dr. D loves their over-sized ice cream sundaes.
- Crown Candy Kitchen: Their mile-high BLT sandwiches are the bomb! They also have great homemade chocolates.
- Pappy’s Smokehouse: A St Louis favorite! Dr. D loves to go there for BBQ on the way to a Cardinals baseball game.
- Krispy Kreme: Kids get to watch doughnuts being made!
- The Shack: A local Valley Park restaurant located just around the corner from Dougherty Orthodontics. Yummy breakfast and lunch. Kids love it because they can write on the walls!
- Urban Fort Play Cafe: Great for preschool-age kiddos and their parents.
- Lambert’s Cafe: Looking for a short day-trip destination? Take a nice drive on a beautiful day to Sikeston, MO and/or The Ozarks and visit the “Home of Throwed Rolls.”
- Young’s Restaurant & Ice Creamery: Family owned and operated by the former mayor of Valley Park. The best ice cream and fried chicken for miles around!
- Chick-fil-A: Christian-ran company. Fast, casual, and kid friendly.
- Fitz’s Root Beer: Kids get to watch root beer being bottled! The milkshakes are terrific, too.
- McAlister’s Deli: The day your braces are placed, Dr. Dougherty will give you a coupon for a free chocolate cookie at McAlister’s.
Think your child may need braces? Contact us today to schedule your free consultation with St. Louis orthodontist, Dr. Dougherty. Call our office at 636.825.1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.