Financial & Scheduling Info
The cost of treatment depends on the severity of the patient’s problem. You will be able to discuss fees and payment options before treatment begins. We have payment plans to suit different budgets. We also accept assignment from most insurance plans, and file the necessary papers to the insurance company. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable. Our cost is all-inclusive. It covers the entire cost of treatment plus final retainers.
In an effort to keep orthodontic fees down while maintaining the highest level of professional care, we have established this financial policy:
- We offer flexible interest-free payment plans that are tailored to meet your budget. These consist of a down payment followed by monthly payments during treatment.
- If you choose our payment plan, monthly payments are made through electronic auto-debit from your debit or credit card. This is a convenient and efficient way to ensure that your payment is received on time, every time. This service is free for our patients.
- For your convenience, we accept payment by VISA, MASTERCARD, and DISCOVER.
- If full payment is made at the onset of treatment, we will offer a fee discount. (If you have insurance, we will offer a discount for payment of your portion of the fee that will not be covered by insurance.)
- We offer a Family Care Program that provides a fee reduction for each additional family member who begins treatment at Dougherty Orthodontics.
- The late fee for a missed payment is $25.00.
- In cases of serious delinquency, treatment will be discontinued, although we will make every effort to accommodate patients with temporary difficulties.
We accept most insurance plans. If you provide us with your insurance plan information before you come in for your consultation, we will call your insurance company to find out your specific benefits. The amount that your insurance covers will be deducted from the total treatment fee. As a service to you, we will take care of all the necessary insurance paperwork on your behalf.
The appointment when you get your appliances (braces, expanders, etc.) usually takes from one to two hours. You’ll then see us at regular intervals 6 to 8 weeks apart for an adjustment, which takes 20 to 40 minutes. Patients are seen by appointment only. Dougherty Orthodontics offers early morning and evening appointments for your convenience. We make every effort to be on time for our patients, and ask that you extend the same courtesy to us. If you cannot keep an appointment, please notify us immediately. Cancel only if it is an emergency. It is difficult to reschedule you since most appointments are made 4 to 8 weeks in advance.