Donate diapers at our office and receive a $5 gift card of your choice.
12/14/17 is the last day to donate
WHAT IS WRAP A BOTTOM?
Help Dougherty Orthodontics end the diaper need in the St. Louis area and break the cycle of poverty for local families, by donating today! Wrap a Bottom is a diaper collection effort started by Harvester Christian Church to meet an extreme diaper need in the St. Louis area. Diaper need is the inability of a mother or family to purchase clean disposable diapers for their child.
A LOOK AT THE REALITIES:
- 30% of mothers report diaper need
- 1 in 3 mothers struggle to provide clean diapers
- 1 in 20 moms have reused soiled diapers
- It cost almost $1000 a year to diaper ONE child
- Diapers cannot be obtained by food stamps
- Women who report diaper need are more likely to also report mental health issues
The cycle of poverty continues with those who can’t afford diapers! Most daycare providers require a day’s supply of diapers per child. If a mother can’t afford diapers she can’t place her child in daycare, and without daycare she can’t pursue employment to pay for the diapers she needs. Round and round it goes!
HOW CAN YOU HELP:
Help us end the diaper need in the St. Louis area and break the cycle of poverty for local families by getting involved in one of the areas below:
• Become a collection site
• Provide logistical support by way of storage, volunteers, or transportation
• Provide promotional support through various media via donations or media connections
WHO DOES IT HELP?
Several local organizations including Saint Louis Crisis Nursery have partnered to receive and distribute the diapers collected through Wrap A Bottom. These organizations provide the diapers directly to the moms in need. Here is a list of partners from last year:
- Harvester Food Pantry
- First Step Back Home
- Saint Louis Crisis Nursery
- Thrive St. Louis
- Patterson School
- Powell Terrace Food Pantry
- O.A.S.I.S. Food Pantry
- Ferguson Christian
- Nurses for Newborns
- Our Lady Inn
- FISH Food Pantry
- New Hope Resource Center
- Salvation Army O’Fallon
- Salvation Army St. Charles
- Safe Families for Children
- The Sparrow’s Nest
- Sts. Joachim and Ann Care Service