Clear & Customized - Just for You
At Dougherty Orthodontics, we’re proud to offer LightForce clear braces treatment that’s just as unique as your fingerprint.
Dr. Dougherty uses this cutting-edge treatment for patients in St. Louis interested in the newest advancements in braces technology.
What Are LightForce Braces?
LightForce Braces are the newest advancement in orthodontic technology, and we’re proud to offer this treatment to you and all of our patients. In fact, Dr. Dougherty was one of the first orthodontists to offer this new technology in our area.
These braces are 3D-printed and transparent and can be perfectly molded to your tooth size and shape. Just like with clear aligners, Dr. Dougherty first prescribes teeth movements. Then the brackets are printed exactly to her prescription.
The end result? You get more rapid treatment with fewer orthodontic appointments!
Let's Talk Benefits
You’ll love everything you get from LightForce, including the following advantages:
- More Comfort: LightForce comes from a polycrystalline material rather than metal and features highly-contoured edges and smooth tie-wings for maximum patient comfort.
- Less Visibility: LightForce brackets are tooth-colored, allowing you to transform your smile discreetly.
- Faster Treatment: LightForce reduces treatment time by an average of 37%.
- Fewer Visits: Your LightForce braces are customized to your teeth, reducing overall trips to the orthodontist for adjustments.
The Future of Smile Straightening
LightForce braces from Dougherty Orthodontics give you a custom fit for your smile, meaning less discomfort, straighter teeth, and a quicker time in treatment.
LightForce is the next generation of smile straightening: It’s more efficient, personalized, and convenient than any other treatment option.
Who's LightForce For?
LightForce is a fantastic option for all walks of life. That includes kids, teens, young adults, seniors, and everyone in between. We can bet you fit in there somewhere.
What’s so different between LightForce and traditional braces? Quite a lot, it turns out! Dougherty Orthodontics offers clear, ceramic braces that look less noticeable when compared to metal braces. Yet LightForce clear braces take it one step further.
Thanks to their smaller components and polycrystalline (tooth-colored) material, you and your friends will barely notice these braces in your mouth.
Let’s take a look at the two styles head to head.
- Are pre-made (one-size-fits-all)
- Require Dr. Dougherty to bend the archwires to fit your braces to your smile
- Have a fixed base shape
LightForce Custom Braces:
- Are made-to-order for your smile
- Don’t require Dr. Dougherty to bend the archwires, reducing your appointments
- Feature a customized base for a more precise fit
- Give you a completely personalized treatment plan from Dr. Dougherty
LightForce for the Win
Not only are LightForce braces less noticeable — these clear brackets feel more comfortable and work more efficiently moving your teeth than traditional braces.
The nearly-invisible look of LightForce clear braces makes them an excellent option for older teens and adult patients at Dougherty Orthodontics who’d like to straighten their teeth without standing out with metal braces.
But they’re also great for kids because the level of personalization that comes from the powerful 3D-printed technology of the brackets means that treatment times are faster across-the-board.