Start Your Smile Journey
At Dougherty Orthodontics, we believe that your first orthodontic visit is the most important one.
Our #1 goal is to help you get the healthy, beautiful smile you deserve. We’re committed to providing you all the information you need at our St. Louis office so you can make the most informed decision that’s right for you and your family.
What to Expect
Here's your step-by-step guide to your first free visit to Dougherty Orthodontics.
Your Experience Starts With a Phone Call
- At Dougherty Orthodontics, we'll text you the day before your first appointment to help prepare you for your visit.
- We will also send you a welcome email with new patient paperwork to give you an introduction to our office and help us get to know you better.
- Your first visit, or the “Complimentary Consultation Appointment,” will take approximately one hour.
We Can't Wait to Meet You
- Arriving for your visit, you’ll be welcomed by our friendly staff.
- Once we guide you through the easy check-in process at the front computer, we invite you to unwind in our cozy lobby featuring a television, Wi-Fi, and a welcoming hospitality bar.
Take a Tour With Us
- Once we’ve gotten all your information, our Treatment Coordinator will promptly come out to the lobby to greet you. She will be excited to take you on a tour of Dougherty Orthodontics.
- This is a great opportunity to see where you will be spending your time at each visit. Feel free to start asking as many questions as you’d like!
- We’d love to show you our digital X-ray equipment, paperless office system, and state-of-the-art sterilization center.
- You'll also see the team and Dr. Stefanie Dougherty at work in the open clinic area — and catch a glimpse of our current patients, who have already started their journey to a beautiful smile!
Discuss Your Needs & Goals
- After we take an X-ray, your treatment coordinator will take you to your private consultation room where you’ll have pictures of your teeth.
- This is where your treatment coordinator will begin listening to you and understanding the concerns you have with your teeth or smile.
- We want to customize your treatment to accommodate your lifestyles, preferences, and goals.
- Feel free to ask your Treatment Coordinator anything you would like to know about braces. We’re here to help!
A Comprehensive Orthodontic Exam
- Dr. Dougherty will examine the photos that were taken and the Treatment Coordinator will review your potential treatment options.
- Dr. Dougherty will then see the patient and introduce herself and answer any remaining questions regarding the treatment plan.
- This important exam will address your orthodontic needs to determine if this is the proper time to begin treatment.
- Again, feel free to ask questions!
Stay Informed & Educated
- We want you to be informed and educated about your treatment.
- If it's time for you to move forward with orthodontic treatment, our Treatment Coordinator will be happy to discuss your finances and answer any insurance questions you might have.
- Our interest-free financing options make treatment affordable to everyone.
- Here's a list of what you will have in your hands after your visit:
- An information packet about braces/treatment at Dougherty Orthodontics
- Your investment estimate and payment plan options
If you have any more questions about your first orthodontic visit, please call or text us at our office in St. Louis at (636) 825-1000.
You can also learn how we can improve your oral health and the beauty of your smile by filling out our simple online form below to schedule your free consultation.