Serving Children, Teens, & Adults
At Dougherty Orthodontics, we’re all about serving smiles to St. Louis, no matter the age of the smile in question.
That’s why we offer a full range of orthodontics for children, teens, and adults.
St. Louis Braces & Invisalign
At Dougherty Orthodontics, you can find the latest orthodontic appliances and more, like:
- 3M Clarity® aligners
- Clear ceramic braces
- Traditional metal braces
- LightForce Custom Braces
Whether you're a child, a teenager, or an adult, orthodontic treatment brings tons of benefits that go far beyond a beautiful smile. At Dougherty Orthodontics, we're passionate about bringing the gift of a beautiful small to all ages.
Orthodontics for Children
Investing in an early trip to the orthodontist can set your child up for success. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that an orthodontist evaluate children by age seven.
Better Bites, Better Health
Straight teeth are easier to clean, reducing the risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and other dental problems. Orthodontic treatment for your child is the foundation for lifelong oral health and hygiene habits.
The Perfect Time
When your child sees Dr. Dougherty at this age, she can find any jaw problems that may cause long-term issues, including underbites, overbites, and serious crowding.
It turns out that this is sometimes the perfect time to catch problems — such as crowding, misalignment, and bite issues — early on so we can treat them before they get worse.
Early intervention also allows us to guide the growth and development of your child’s teeth to help prevent any orthodontic issues from forming or worsening.
Big Smiles, Happy Kids
A beautiful smile can have a big impact on your child's self-esteem and confidence. By addressing orthodontic issues early on, we can help your child feel more comfortable and confident in their appearance.
That’s great for their social and emotional well-being.
Orthodontics for Teens
The teenage years are an ideal time for orthodontic treatment, as your teen's permanent teeth have fully emerged. Check out some of these awesome reasons why teen years are ortho years the world over:
- Confidence: Teenagers often feel self-conscious about their appearance, and orthodontic treatment can be transformative. Straightening their teeth can boost their self-confidence, letting them smile freely and be social without hesitation.
- Oral Health: Straight teeth are easier to clean, reducing the risk of dental issues such as tooth decay and gum disease. By investing in orthodontic treatment during their teenage years, you're helping your teen to be healthy for a lifetime.
- Bite Alignment: Orthodontic treatment can correct bite problems, such as overbites, underbites, and crossbites. This means not just a better look, but a proper bite is a healthy bite, and does a lot for functional issues.
Teens Love Choices
At Dougherty Orthodontics, we know your teen is special, and has their own priorities for care. We offer a variety of options, including metal braces, ceramic braces, and clear aligners, so your teen can choose a treatment that fits their lifestyle and preferences.
Orthodontics for Adults
Did you know that one-in-five new St. Louis orthodontic patients are an adult? It’s true! Adult orthodontics is more popular than ever, and roughly 20 percent of Americans wearing braces are over the age of 18.
As an adult, you have many of the treatment options younger patients have, but the treatment may be a bit different.
Since your bones have stopped growing, that means your teeth and jaw are not as malleable as they were when you were a teenager. This means your treatment may take longer, around two years in most cases.
Why Should Adults Get Braces?
If you’re an adult in St. Louis, check out these great reasons for seeking treatment at Dougherty Orthodontics:
- Improved appearance: Lots of adults are interested in a straighter smile for personal and professional reasons. And nowadays, treatments like aligners and ceramics do a great job of letting your treatment blend right in with your smile.
- Better health: Just like with kids and teens, a straight smile and a well-aligned jaw mean a healthier mouth and a happier you.
- Better bite: When you address bite issues such as overbites, underbites, and crossbites, you can improve your overall oral function and enjoy a more comfortable bite.
- Long-term benefits: The sooner you act on the need to have your oral health straightened out, the fewer long-term problems you’re going to have. That means you save time, money, and headaches. A win-win-win!
Serious Smiles of Every Size
At the end of the day, Dougherty Orthodontics knows that if you have a smile, you deserve that smile to be healthy and happy. And that doesn’t come with an expiration date.
At Dougherty Orthodontics, we offer exceptional orthodontic care for patients of all ages. Dr. Dougherty combines her expertise with state-of-the-art technology to turn your smile into a dream come true.
Get started on your smile journey so you can get the healthy, confident smile you and your family deserve. Call us today at (636) 825-1000 to schedule a free consultation, or just fill out our helpful forms and discover the benefits of orthodontic treatment for yourself or your loved ones.